ECSR Spring School: "Analysis of Educational Inequalities"
March 18- 22, 2013
Collegio Carlo Alberto Via Real Collegio 30, Moncalieri (Turin), Italy
The topic for the first edition of the ECSR Spring School is "Analysis of educational Inequalities".
This Spring School is promoted by ECSR, Collegio Carlo Alberto, the Graduate School in Social and Political studies of the University of Milan and the PhD Program in Sociology and Political studies of the University of Turin. It provides high-quality training on leading-edge theories and techniques in the analysis of educational opportunities. A limited number of doctoral students and young researchers will participate to a full-immersion course, including
- a) theoretical lessons on the key current issues in the field;
- b) practical training on data analysis;
- c) the opportunity to present their work and have it discussed by leading scholars in the field. The School is organized by Gabriele Ballarino (Milan), Filippo Barbera (Collegio Carlo Alberto and Turin University) and Fabrizio Bernardi (ECSR, EUI).
Gabriele Ballarino (University of Milan), Birgit Becker (University of Frankfurt), Fabrizio Bernardi (ECSR and European University Institute, Fiesole), Hector Cebolla Boado (UNED, Madrid), Maarten Buis (WZB, Berlin), Janne Jonsson (Nuffield College, Oxford and Stockholm), Ruud Luijkx (University of Tilburg), Stephen L. Morgan (Cornell University).
Have to be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January, the 25th, and will include
- a) an abstract of the paper that will be presented (up to 500 words);
- b) a short summary of PhD thesis project or of current research (up to 3 pages);
- c) a brief cv (one page). Priority in admission will be given to students from Institutions that belong to the ECSR.
Admission to the School is free of charge, and the selected applicants will receive full board for the whole working week in Turin.Travel expenses to Turin will not be covered.