Call for Papers: A Great Transformation? Workshop on the impact of automation and artificial intelligence on regional economies
Turin, 27-28 May 2019
RENIR-Collegio Carlo Alberto- and DESPINA-Department of Economics and Statistics “Cognetti de Martiis”- are organizing the workshop:
A Great Transformation? Workshop on the impact of automation and artificial intelligence on regional economies.
We aim to attract contributions from both junior and senior scholars; up to 18 papers will be selected from open submissions on the basis of peer review. Contributions are invited on (but not limited to) one or more of the following topics:
- 1. Digital transformation and regional competitiveness.
- The impact of automation on employment.
- Automation and industrial restructuring.
- Digital manufacturing and organizational change in productive ecosystems.
- Robotics and the automotive industry.
- Regional resilience and technological change.
- The history and evolution of manufacturing.
Deadline for the submission of papers or extended abstracts (min 3 pages) is March 15th 2019.
Submissions should be previously unpublished works. All submissions are reviewed with respect to novelty, academic quality and relevance. No review or comments will be offered to the authors to supplement the decision. To submit your paper please visit:
Infos and submission : renir.carloalberto.org/workshop
Important dates :
15th March 2019: Submission of paper or extended abstract
2nd April 2019: Notification of acceptance
2nd May 2019: Submission of final papers
Participation and expenses : Workshop participation is free for one presenting author per selected paper and includes catering during the event.