2nd LTI/Bank of Italy Workshop on “Long-term investors’ trends: theory and practice”
8 April 2021 @ 09:00 - 17:00
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Long-Term Investors@UniTo (LTI@UniTO) initiative and the Directorate General for Economics, Statistics and Research of the Bank of Italy are organizing the 2nd Research Workshop on Long-term investors trends: theory and practice. The event will take place, online, on April 8th, 2021.
Confirmed keynote speakers are: Carlo Favero (Bocconi University) and Elisa Luciano (University of Torino). A limited number of highly relevant contributed papers will be included in the program.
WORKSHOP THEMES AND AIMS
The workshop will bring together researchers and professionals working on long-term investors trends, both theoretical and applied, to discuss research papers and agendas. It aims at fostering interactions between economists and professionals. Contributions from young researchers and professionals are particularly welcome. All accepted papers will be discussed by an expert in the field.
The organizers encourage submissions of papers on any topic within the overall theme of the conference and in the following areas in particular:
- long-term investors strategy after the outbreak of the 2020 pandemic with a focus on portfolio allocation of insurances, pension funds and mutual funds;
- the role of non-bank finance and private equity;
- development of metrics for pandemic-related financial risks and investments opportunities;
- analysis of the pandemic impact on the insurance sector and on the development of non-life and reinsurance products for the corporate and retail segments;
- analysis of developments in the financial markets and opportunities for financial institutions;
- transmission channels of pandemic-related shocks from the real economy to financial institutions’ portfolios and amplification mechanisms of shocks through credit chains;
- big-data and artificial intelligence to assess and manage the exposures to risk factors;
- the behavior of institutional investors in times of crisis;
- emerging asset allocation and risk management trends for long-term investors.
Both theoretical and applied papers will be considered. A decision on participation will be based on a detailed abstract or preferably on a draft paper. Only papers not yet accepted for publication should be submitted.
The submission deadline is March 14th, 2021. Interested authors are invited to send an abstract or (preferably) the paper in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will be acknowledged by e-mail to the submitting author. Acceptance will be notified by March 21st, 2021 at the latest.
The program will be organized by Pietro Garibaldi (University of Torino), Marcello Pericoli (Banca d’Italia), Luca Regis (University of Torino), Marco Taboga (Banca d’Italia).