Long-Term Investors@UniTo (LTI@UniTO) is pleased to announce the availability of up to
5 Research Fellowships for the year 2022
LTI@UniTO is a think tank established as a joint initiative of the Università di Torino and of the major Italian market players in long term financing. Through the Fellowship program, LTI@UniTO aims to foster research in long-term investing and to assess its features, perspectives, contribution to growth and stability. The think tank supports independent research and informs the debate between long-term investors and policymakers.
Candidates must send their application (CV + research program, approximately 2 pages) to email@example.com before midnight, ECT, November 15th, 2021.
Please enter “LTI CALL FOR FELLOWS” in the email subject.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Applicants must have a publication history in top Finance/Econ academic journals.
• Receivers of the fellowships will conduct their own research for a period of two months at UNITO/Collegio Carlo Alberto (CCA).
• The research program should be related to one of the themes in the Strategic List below and must be included in the Application. A final working paper is required, a seminar at UNITO/CCA is compulsory. Another seminar/workshop, targeted to our sponsors, may be requested.
• Total remuneration (for the entire period – gross and including all expenses): €16000.
• There are up to three positions available.
• A joint Junior Fellowship can be assigned, if required by the Senior Applicant in his proposal (name of the proposed junior applicant can be included too).
• Research Assistantship, if needed, may be requested once the fellowship is awarded.
• Candidates are Ph.D. Students or young scholars with a PhD in Finance, Economics or a related field.
• Receivers of the fellowships will conduct research under the supervision of a Senior Fellow or a UNITO/CCA’s Finance faculty for a period of two months at CCA/UNITO.
• The research program should be related to one of the themes in the Strategic List below and must be included in the Application. A final working paper is required, a seminar at UNITO/CCA is compulsory.
• Total remuneration (for the entire period – gross and including all expenses): € 6000.
• There are up to two positions available.
• Interaction between financial markets and the real economy: start-up funding, impact investments, infrastructure, SME financing;
• Role of LTIs in traditional financial markets (systemic risk, stability, pro or countercyclicality, liquidity, impact on prices), as well as on private markets;
• Risk and return of private markets (private equity, private debt, private placements);
• Asset Management or ALM of LTIs, including past experiences, models, benchmarking, constraints on expenditures and liabilities;
• Innovative Asset Classes and LTIs;
• Mandates, delegation and effectiveness of monitoring (short term accountability versus long-term strategies);
• Optimal contracts in delegated portfolio management: benchmarking and bonus/target incentive schemes;
• The collective costs of short-horizon investment and their control (regulatory constraints);
• Fintech and LTIs (e.g., robo-advice): opportunities and risks;
• Benefits and costs of financial regulation and macro prudential policies that matter to LTIs;
• The impact of pandemics on LTIs and the role of LTIs in market crashes and recovery:
• Real estate and real estate funds: risk, return and their role in the ALM of LTIs;
• LTIs, sustainable finance and Green Financing.