The aim of the Impact Evaluation Unit (IEU) is to undertake evaluation studies of a wide variety of programs and policies. In our evaluations, we make use of solid scientific methodologies, possibly counterfactual. We work for Public Bodies and Third Sector operators, who increasingly need to understand whether their programs achieve their intended goals.
IEU encompasses a group of researchers of the Collegio Carlo Alberto, who are experts in labor, education, family and public economics. Our experts have experience on both empirical and methodological aspects of program and policy evaluation. Some of our evaluation studies have been published in Review of Economics of the Family, Cesifo Economic Studies, European Economic Review, Journal of European Social Policy.
Our working method implies that researches are involved in the design of the evaluated programs and policies from the beginning.
Results of the evaluation can teach the institution the magnitude of the effects of their programs but also signal potential issues and provide recommendations on how to make their programs more efficient.
Our main goal is to pursue high quality and rigorous impact evaluation studies. We also aim at creating a school where we teach state-of-the-art policy evaluation techniques to students and post doc researchers.
Evaluation of the "8 per mille della Chiesa Cattolica"
Evaluation of the program "AIxtreme"
- Evaluation of the program Equilibri (Daniela Del Boca, Chiara Pronzato, Luca Favero).
- Evaluation of the program Un villaggio per crescere (Daniela Del Boca, Chiara Pronzato) with ASVAPP.
- Evaluation of the program "Territori Inclusivi" (Compagnia di San Paolo). Team: Claudia Villosio, Magda Fontana, Martina Iori
- Evaluation of the program "INTEGRO" (Compagnia di San Paolo). Team: Daniela Del Boca, Chiara Pronzato, Maria Cristina Rossi, Stefania Basiglio
- Evaluation of the program “Coding Girls” (Fondazione Mondo Digitale). Team: Daniela Del Boca, Chiara Pronzato, Stefania Basiglio, Alessandra Foresta. Download the report (in Italian)
- Project “ EX-POST: Examining Path of Occupational Stories along Time” (Ufficio Pio). Team: Ainoha Aparicio, Roberto Quaranta, Claudia Villosio
- Project “FACE” (Fondazione Con i bambini). Team: Daniela Del Boca, Chiara Pronzato, Lucia Schiavon Download presentation
- Preparation of a pilot dataset on childhood boyhood and girlhood in Turin (Compagnia di San Paolo). Team: Roberto Quaranta
- Feasibility study for an intervention of active labor market policy targeted to women at risk of vulnerability. Team: Claudia Villosio and Roberto Quaranta
- Project “Closing the Gender pension gap by increasing women's awareness”. Team: Daniela Del Boca, Paola Profeta, Maria Cristina Rossi, Claudia Villosio
- Evaluation of the program “Opportunità zerosei” (Compagnia San Paolo and Ufficio Pio). Team: Daniela Del Boca, Chiara Pronzato, Giuseppe Sorrenti
- Evaluation of the program “ZEROSEI” (Compagnia di San Paolo) Team: Daniela Del Boca, Ainoha Aparicio, Flavia Coda Moscarola, Chiara Pronzato
- Evaluation of the effect of the Selection Criteria in the Turin municipality Early Childcare System. Team: Daniela Del Boca, Chiara Pronzato, Giuseppe Sorrenti
Presentation of results of evaluation research in Conferences and Seminars
Presentation by Chiara Pronzato at the Nasp & CCA Workshop, June 22, 2022 | Download presentation
Workshop "Program Evaluation and Individual Outcomes", Collegio Carlo Alberto, June 10, 2022
Presentation by Chiara Pronzato on "The Impact of Household and Employment Programs on Household Welfare", Annual Meeting of the Population Association of America, April 8, 2022
Keynote speech by Daniela Del Boca at AIEL Italian Association of Labor Economists November 25, 2021
Keynote speech by Daniela Del Boca "Women and Mens' Work, Housework and Childcare before and during Covid-19", 5th Transforming Care Conference Ca' Foscari, Venice, June 24, 2021
Introduction by Daniela Del Boca "Donne e Lavoro: a che punto siamo?", Museo del Risparmio, Workshop on women economic independence, Nov. 11, 2021
Presentation "Misurazione e Valutazione del funzionamento della Pubblica Amministrazione", Banca d’Italia, Sept. 28 2021 Download presentation (ITA)
Presentation of the project output - CLEAR final conference, (online), Dipartimento Pari Opportunità, May 28 | Download Presentation by D. Del Boca | Presentation by P. Profeta | Presentation by MC Rossi
PRIN meeting "The Great Demographic Recession", Firenze, May, 10-11 > Download presentation
Webinar on "How parents skills affect the children time-muse?", TRIBE meeting, CEBI - University of Copenhagen, April 14, > Download presentation
Online Workshop on Fairness "Gender Inequalities in paid and unpaid Work during Covid-19", JRC European Commission, February 10 > Download presentation
Webinar Economics Tuesday "Investimenti, lavoro e occupazione: dal COVID al NextGenerationEU", University of Venice, February 23 > Download presentation
Conference "My Work. My Pension" in Slovenia (September, webinar) > Download presentation
IRES Conference "Officina delle buone politiche" (November, webinar)
IRES Conference on Gender equality "Le quote di genere nelle società quotate come strumento per garantire la parità" (November, webinar) > Download presentation
Conference "La valutazione delle politiche per la famiglia", ASVAPP (November, webinar)
Presentazione del progetto CLEAR, Museo del risparmio (November, webinar) > Download presentation
International Conference Fondazione Zancan “The challenges of outcome evaluation in human services” (December, webinar) > Download presentation
Conference NYU on Urban labor Markets (January , NYU-Abu Dhabi)
Annual Meeting of Household Economics SEHO (May, Lisbon)
Population Days, PAA Annual Meeting, (March Austin, Texas)
Conference Collegio Carlo Alberto and Padua University (May 2019 University of Padua)
Webinar on Cash Transfers and Labor Supply organized by IHDSC - NYU
Conference "Actors in Child Development Process” CCA, May
4th Alpine Population Conference (Alp-Pop 2018) (January 14-17 La Thuille)
Annual Meeting of Household Economics SEHO (May24-25 Paris)
Conference on “Rigorous Impact Evaluation In Europe” (May 20-22 Collegio Carlo Alberto)
Seminar at Keio University, Tokyo University (April)
Conference LISER on Child Care (June 8).
"The Impact of the “Coding Girls” Program on High School Students’ Educational Choices" (Basiglio S.,Del Boca D.and C. Pronzato) Notebook 689, CCA
"Participation to Parenting Courses and Parental awareness," Daniela Del Boca, Chiara Daniela Pronzato, Lucia Schiavon, submitted
"Did COVID-19 affect the division of labor within the household? Evidence from two waves of the pandemic in Italy", Carlo Alberto Notebook, No. 654 | June 2021 (Daniela Del Boca, Noemi Oggero, Paola Profeta, Maria Cristina Rossi), IZA Journal of Labor Economics 2022
"How Parents' skills affect their time-use with children? Evidence from an RCT experiment in Italy" (Daniela Del Boca, Chiara Daniela Pronzato, Lucia Schiavon), Review of Italian Evaluation Summer 2022
"Pension information and women’s awareness", CCA Notebook 615/2020 (Marta Angelici, Daniela Del Boca, Noemi Oggero, Paola Profeta, Maria Cristina Rossi, Claudia Villosio), Journal of Economics of Aging 2022
"The Impact of a Multifaceted Program on Fragile Individuals. Evidence from a RCT in Italy" by Daniela Del Boca and Chiara Pronzato
"Non‐cognitive skills and childcare attendance", by Daniela Del Boca, Enrica Martino and Chiara Pronzato, Review of Economics of the Household, 2022
"Conditional and Unconditional Cash transfers and Household Labor Supply", by Daniela Del Boca, Chiara Pronzato and Giuseppe Sorrenti, European Economic Review 136, July 2021
"Counterfactual evaluation of youth employment policies. Methodological guide", A report by the team of the Project YEpartnerSHIP
"Women’s and men’s work, housework and childcare, before and during COVID-19", Review of Economics of the Household, 2020 (Daniela Del Boca, Noemi Oggero, Paola Profeta, Maria Cristina Rossi)
"Women’s work, housework and childcare, before and during COVID-19" Covid Economics, Issue 28 (Daniela Del Boca, Noemi Oggero, Paola Profeta, Maria Cristina Rossi)
"Cash Transfer and Household Labor Supply" Notebook Collegio Carlo Alberto No. 605 March 2020 ( Daniela Del Boca, Chiara Pronzato, Giuseppe Sorrenti)
“The Impact of a Conditional Cash Transfer Program on Households’ Well-Being” Notebook Collegio Carlo Alberto No. 559 December 2018
“When Rationing Plays a Role: Selection Criteria in the Italian Early Childcare System” Cesifo Economic Studies 2016 (Daniela Del Boca, Chiara Pronzato, Giuseppe Sorrenti)