At the Collegio, we are evaluate purchasing necessary for our activities with an eye towards the principles of environmental and social responsibility through:
- the gradual replacement of plastic materials.
- purchase of ecological paper brand FSC (Forest Stewardship Council), which identifies products containing wood from forests managed in a proper and responsible manner according to strict environmental standards, social and economic.
- selection of printing and branding enterprises that use completely biodegradable, recyclable and environmentally friendly certificated paper, as FSC Forest Stewardship Council, SSF Selected Secondary Fibres, ECF Elemental Chlorine Freeprinting, and of office articles enterprises with ecological criteria.
- ecolabel certification for hygienic products. The Ecolabel issued by the European Union certifies that these goods meet strict environmental criteria common to all countries of the European Union throughout their entire lifecycle.
Each of us can…
- print is energy-intensive, so print only pages we need.
– print paper on both sides of the sheet.
– instead of throwing away printed paper use the backs for making notes.
– use less colour in the paper and if possibile white backgrounds
- use biodegradable materials carefully and responsibly, because their biodegradability should not be an incentive to greater consumption.
- suggest actions and/or improvements to reduce the environmental impact of the Collegio in the area of Purchasing.