At the Collegio we aim to change our procedures in order to reduce the use of disposable items and replace them with durable and compostable items through:
- decreasing the use and waste of disposable plastic, especially at coffee breaks and lunch seminars.
- buying recycled toner cartridges, and sending our used toner cartridges to be recycled. According to a study based on the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, this will reduce CO2 emissions by 50%.
- considering alternative ways for disposing of packaging materials.
- providing information about environmentally responsible practices: REDUCE, RE-USE, RECYCLE
Each of us can…
- use reusable shopping bag.
- use a reusable mug for your coffee or tea.
- print is energy-intensive, so print only pages we need.
– print paper on both sides of the sheet.
– download ECOFONT, that uses up to 20% less ink. Free to download, free to use. http://www.ecofont.eu/ecofont_en.html
– instead of throwing away printed paper use the backs for making notes.
- use the recycling containers properly to separate “plastic and cans” (orange container available throughout the building, please note: glasses are not recyclable plastic, please put only plastic bottles), “paper and tetrapak” (white or grey container, available in every room), and “organic” (container available only in the coffee break room). Use the dark container for Non Recyclable.
- suggest actions and/or improvements to reduce the environmental impact of the Collegio in the area of Recycling.