Fondazione Collegio Carlo Alberto (www.carloalberto.org) offers up to two positions as Assistant Professor in social and political science. The Assistant Professorship is for a fixed term of 4+3 years (3 years extension conditional on a positive evaluation). Successful candidates are expected to start on January 1st 2024 at the latest.
The salary is very competitive and there is a generous yearly grant to cover research expenses.
The candidates are required to have a PhD degree in a relevant field and an excellent publication record or a demonstrated potential thereof.
The field is open, both substantively and methodologically, but the Collegio is seeking candidates who in their work integrate theory and empirical research, and are conversant with scientific methods. Applicants can discover the research interests of the Collegio’s members here: www.carloalberto.org/people/faculty/
The Assistant Professor
- will have the opportunity to develop their personal research agenda
- will lecture, tutor and co-organise the Social and Political Science Senior Allievi Program.
- will play an active role in the academic life of the Collegio throughout the week and is required to reside in Turin or surrounding area. The Collegio can provide assistance in finding accommodation
- is expected to participate in projects and strategic activities
- there is the possibility to co-supervise doctoral students and offer lecture courses for the University of Turin
Collegio Carlo Alberto is a research centre and graduate school founded jointly by Compagnia di San Paolo and the University of Torino in 2004. It provides a stimulating multi-disciplinary environment formed by a group of experienced scientists from Economics, Finance, Sociology, Political Science, and Law. Its mission is to foster research and education in the social sciences in accordance with the values and practices of the international academic community.
English is the operating language of the Collegio.
The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in one PDF and include:
(ii) motivation letter,
(iii) a three-page description of ongoing and future research projects,
(iv) the names of three referees who are willing to submit letters of reference for shortlisted candidates.
We will start reviewing applications on July 17th 2023.
Questions can be directed to prof. Krzysztof Krakowski: email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview in early September.