Workshop “Why Financial Literacy is increasingly important and increasingly multifaceted”
28 October 2021 @ 18:00 - 29 October 2021 @ 17:45
- Past event
Hybrid event organized by CeRP & Collegio Carlo Alberto in collaboration with SIE – Società Italiana di Economia
28 October (online)
18:00 | Introduction: Elsa Fornero (University of Turin & CeRP-Collegio Carlo Alberto)
KEYNOTE SPEECH: Financial education: A vaccine against economic vulnerability?
Annamaria Lusardi, George Washington University School of Business, Director of Italy’s Financial Education Committee
Held in Italian, with simultaneous translation in English.
29 October (Hybrid sessions)
9:00 – 10:30 | SESSION 1 – joint with SIE – Società Italiana di Economia Understanding the Non-financial Defined-Contribution (NDC) pension scheme: concept, implementations and management
Chair: Elsa Fornero
1. Axel West Pedersen (Oslo Metropolitan University), “The Norwegian pension reform miracle and the trilemma of minimum protection in old age” Download Presentation_Pedersen
2. Sandro Gronchi (Sapienza Università di Roma), Sergio Nisticò (Università di Cassino e del Lazio Meridionale), Mirko Bevilacqua (Ufficio Studi e Ricerche, Inarcassa ) “Increasing longevity, NDC implementations, and all that” Download Presentation_Gronchi
3. Ole Settergren (The Swedish Pension Agency) “20-years practical experience of administrating an NDC pension plan” Download Presentation_Settergren
4. Noemi Oggero (Collegio Carlo Alberto), “Pension reforms and intergenerational conflicts: what is the role of knowledge?” (with F. Figari, E. Fornero, M.C. Rossi) Download Presentation_Oggero
10:45 – 11:00. Break
11:00 – 13:00 | SESSION 2 Financial literacy and differential gender effects on participation, work and retirement
Chair: Mariacristina Rossi (University of Turin & CeRP-Collegio Carlo Alberto)
1. Francesca Carta (Bank of Italy), “Working horizon and labour supply: the effect of raising the full retirement age on middle-aged individuals outcomes”, (with M. De Philippis) Download Presentation_Carta
2. Daniele Checchi (INPS), “Mortality by income position: should we revise transformation coefficients?” Download Presentation_Checchi
3. Edoardo Di Porto (INPS) “The effect of early retirement policies on employment: preliminary findings from the “QUOTA 100” reform” (joint with Monica Paiella).
4. Chiara Monticone (OECD), “Navigating the storm: MSMEs’ financial and digital competencies in COVID-19 times” Download Presentation_Monticone
13:00 – 14-30. Lunch
14:30 – 16:00 | SESSION 3 Financial education, savings and portfolio allocation
Chair: Margherita Borella (University of Turin)
1. Giovanna Nicodano (University of Turin & CERP-Collegio Carlo Alberto), “Hedging Permanent Income Shocks” Download Presentation_Nicodano
2. Tullio Jappelli (University of Naples) “Permanent Income Shocks, Target Wealth, and the Wealth Gap” (with Luigi Pistaferri) Download Presentation_Jappelli
3. Laura Bottazzi (University of Bologna) “Stereotypes in Financial Literacy: Evidence from PISA break” Download Presentation_Bottazzi
16:00 – 16:15. Break
16:15 – 17:45 | SESSION 4 Financial literacy, growth and political participation
Chair: Francesco Figari (University of Insubria & CeRP-Collegio Carlo Alberto)
1. Luigi Guiso (Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance) , “K-Returns to Education” (with A. Fagereng, M.B. Holm, L. Pistaferri) Download Presentation_Guiso
2. Riccardo Calcagno (Turin Polytechnic), “Financial Literacy and Long-Run Economic Growth” (with A. Bucci & S. Marsiglio) Download Presentation_Calcagno
3. Anna Lo Prete (University of Turin & CeRP-Collegio Carlo Alberto), “Civic engagement and policy outcomes” Download Presentation_LoPrete
4. Raffaele Corvino (University of Turin & CERP-Collegio Carlo Alberto), “Gambling or Investing? The government’s trade-off” (with F. Ruggiero) Download Presentation_Corvino
The event is organized within the project CIRCLE “Care and Income Redistributive Cycles in the Lives of Europeans” (Joint Programming Initiative “More Years, Better Lives).
The keynote speech will be held in Italian, with simultaneous translation in English. The other Sessions will be held in English only.
For technical reasons, online attendance will be possible via separate Zoom links for the keynote speech, Session 1 and Session 2-4. To follow the workshop, PLEASE REGISTER BY E-MAIL: email@example.com